Liberty Ridge Insulated Pants
Posted: 28 February 2008 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Recent Registration
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-27

I am completely new to this MYOG thing.  I would like to make some insulated pants using the Liberty Ridge wind pants as a template.  I know others have done this, but I am unsure where to start. 

Should I just size up the Liberty Ridge Pants and add the insulation and inner liner?  For example if I wear size large should I make Liberty Ridge Pants in size XL in order to incorporate the insulation?

Ayce, any possibilities of seeing an insulated pants kit?

Anything advice will help. 

Thanks!

I ordered up my Momentum samples in order to check out the colors.  But I was sad to see no kelly green.  The insulated pants done by David W. are sure to become the new Outdoor Trend! (pictures on another forum).

Posted: 29 February 2008 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

You should probably try one of the insulated kits first (sorry, no pants kit right now).  Also, given that you’re new to making gear, you’d benefit from some time making more simple things like tarps or stuff sacks first.  Apparel is hard, and insulated apparel is just that much more complicated.

OTOH, there are a lot of folks that like this kind of challenge- if you’re one of them, why not….