Finished Minima vest
Posted: 29 December 2009 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Recent Registration
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-12-04

Finally got some spare time to finish the Minima vest (love the holidays!). I opted for Momentum for the shell and Climashield Combat as insulation. I think it worked out fine. Probably would have gone for the default Primaloft if I was to do it again as it is said to drape even better. I like the feel of the Momentum and can testify that it is quite water resistant after running a lot of water on a piece to test it out.

3.7 oz of the insulation was a lot more than I needed, so I have some for other projects. I’ve been thinking making a hood and maybe mitts.

Since this was my first garment I spent a lot of time studying the instructions and trying to understand. I didn’t want to do a lot of mistakes and spend time ripping seams (even though I had to of course as in all projects). I felt a need to try to visualize how a certain step in the construction would effect a later one, for instance the one where the liner, shell and zipper are sewed together. I guess I would have been fine just following the instructions verbatim. If I was to suggest some improvements for the instructions, I would recommend making high resolution pictures available to make it easier to see the seam details and so on. A couple of short video clips would’ve helped too.

Image Attachments
minima-vest-front2.jpgminima-vest-back2.jpgminima-vest-1b.jpg
Profile