oh have mercy - finished my Whitney
Posted: 09 August 2007 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-05-16

just finished it today - grey 1.1 on the outside, black Momentum inside.  i didn’t make too many mistakes, but the inside is a nice patchwork of shiny & matte.  whoops!  still looks great and weighs about 10 oz in a size Small.  LOL, maybe it weighs that much - i’m stinking tired as i post this! 

so in the past two years i have sewed 2 Whitneys and 2 down quilts - one two-person quilt and one shorty for my 5-year-old to grow into.  i need to put together a photo page!  but no more major sewing projects until we move into a bigger house and i get MY OWN WORK AREA!  sewing in the living room (where the kids play) or on the dining table (where, of course, we eat) pretty much guarantees chaos and constant interruption.  it’s a miracle i can get a pillowcase sewn!

AYCE, thanks for running such a great shop.

Posted: 09 August 2007 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

Big project- must feel great to have that off ‘the list’ :)

Congrats Tarbubble!  It’s inspirational to me that you’ve been able to keep all the balls in the air and make such amazing gear on top of it all.

AYCE

Posted: 09 August 2007 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-05-16

ohh, don’t let me fool you.  every project results in the house getting unspeakably messy, and me throwing the occasional temper tantrum.  the next projects are a couple of tipis - a kid-sized one for the backyard we’re going to get when we move (and so i can practice my pattern), then either a family backpacking tipi or an enormous car-camping tipi.  not sure which i find more intimidating.  but again, none of these will be tackled until after we move.  my 12x15 furniture and toy-filled living room cannot accommodate the scope of what i plan to sew!