Prequilted Momentum-6 oz PL1-Scrim
Posted: 17 May 2007 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

I have a test run of a new product I’m working on: prequilted Momentum90.

This product is a 6 oz Primaloft One prequilted between Black Momentum and Scrim.  PL1 has a CLO of 0.84 which gives the 6 oz layer a clo of 6.0*0.84=5.0   .  That’s a lot of warmth. 

This product has enormous potential because it removes the difficulty associated with synthetic insulations.  All you’d need to do to make a product from this would be to cut it to shape and attach a shell.  And to top it off, since the insulation layer is quilted to scrim and liner, your shell material would have no quilting/stitching shells to decrease waterproofness.
You might even be able to use this as-is in an overbag.  This would significantly reduce the weight and breathablity penalty associated with overbag use.

The catch: the quilter mistook the shiny side for the face side and quilted it shiny side out. This is a purely cosmetic issue, and as it will be a liner on an insulated item isn’t a big deal. It’s available to registered Message Board members for $20/yd, considerably less than what a yard of unquilted Momentum and 6 oz PL1 would cost you without quilting.

Shoot me an email, PM me through the board, or call if you’re interested in some of this quilting prototype.  There’s only 25 yards or so of it available, so don’t wait to take advantage of this opportunity. 

AYCE

Posted: 21 November 2010 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Recent Registration
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-02-14

Hi AYCE,

Any idea if there will be another run of the prequilted primaloft one? I am making a synthetic quilt and am shooting for a roughly 20-30 F temp range.

I would like to take advantage of primaloft one’s superior compressibility rather than using climashield xp. Is it not a good idea to work with unquilted Primaloft one when making a quilt? What issues or extra steps would be involved if I attempted to make a quilt using raw, unquilted PL1 compared to climashield xp?

Thanks so much for your input.

Posted: 29 November 2010 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

The cost of shipping insulation back and forth from the industrial quilter put the kibosh on the prequilted pl1-momentum.

PL1 is difficult but not impossible to work with.  The quilting guidelines are 6 square inches (for box quilt) or 4” parallels.