Spinntex 0.7oz liberty ridge kits
Posted: 13 November 2007 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Recent Registration
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-06-18

ACYE,

Would it be possible to get the liberty ridge shell and pants kits with the lightest spinnaker fabric? I’m wanting to make a hooded full zip jacket and knickers out of that material and it seems the kit might be the easiest way to go to get the starting pattern. How much would that run? I’m aware that it doesn’t breathe at all, that’s okay :)

Thanks,
Chris

Posted: 13 November 2007 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

Sure-

Order the two kits with Momentum fabric (roughly the same cost as the 0.7 spinntex) and I’ll send them to you with spinntex instead of momentum.  Make sure to include a note with your order so that I know that you want this switch as I won’t be able to match up Pivvay with a real name on an order.

Posted: 13 November 2007 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Recent Registration
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-06-18

Is there an ultralight full zip that would go well with this (meaning the jacket)? I don’t mind if it’s extra $. I’m so excited to get this project going. It’s been on my list for a long time!

Edit: clarification…

Posted: 13 November 2007 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

Either one of the two one-way separating #3 zippers would work.  The coil is lighter but not as robust, the tooth is heavier but more durable.  The coil ships with the full-zip kits (whitney and maxima).