Down Pants?
Posted: 15 December 2007 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Recent Registration
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-10-04

I have completed the Whitney Jacket and absolutely LOVE it, but it feels as if I am still missing something.  some pants to go with it!  I was wondering if anyone has tried turning the Liberty Ridge Shell Pants into down pants?  I think I could make the shell with two layers and use baffeling to insulate the pants with down.  I feel as if this would make an ultra-light insulated pant for those chilly nights around camp.  AYCE, do you have any experience or know of anyone who has tried this before?  I would like some advice or tips before diving into a project like this.  Good idea or Bad idea??

Posted: 16 December 2007 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

For someone who has done the Whitney, down pants will be a piece of cake.  No problem.

Baffling would complicate things a little, but not too much for pants.  I don’t think it’s worth it unless you’re planning on a lot more fill than the Whitney, but it’s a personal choice: if you think it’ll help I see no reason why you shouldn’t.

Posted: 01 January 2008 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2007-09-12

Nunatak makes down pants.  Maybe take a look at their design and how much down they use and the height of the baffles they use.