Any new fabrics for 2008?
Posted: 26 December 2007 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2007-09-12

Will Thru-Hiker be getting any new cool fabrics this next year?  Somebody told me you guys used to sell eVent.  Any chance of getting that or any other waterproof-breathable in stock?

Posted: 27 December 2007 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2007-05-07

There’s a nice new Momentum color in: arctic green. Looks great; I’m psyched to make something out of it.
There’s a 60” spinntex pro that will come into stock in the late winter.  Around that time there is a possibility that the long time out-of-stock and frequently requested spectra gridstop may come back into stock.

Thru-Hiker has never carried eVent and has only carried a few w/b’s like epic and powershield.  I don’t have any plans to stock w/b’s in the coming year, but if something interesting comes my way you’ll hear about it here first.

Posted: 02 January 2008 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-06-11

Hi Ayce,

So what’s “arctic green,” exactly? Taffeta or ripstop? Is it available now, or are you waiting for a shipment?

Also, any chance of getting a tiny swatch of the momentum90 taffeta…just a few square inches to look at. Thanks.

Posted: 02 January 2008 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2007-09-12

A green momentum would be really cool.  In fact, I was just wishing I had some this past month when I made my climashield quilt.  A black shell and green lining would be very slick looking on a quilt, and even better if both fabrics were momentum.  Of course a green shell and black lining could be good too ;).  I ended up using black for the lining and shell and a green version of Goretex for the shell of the foot box.  Not as visually appealing as my first idea…